E.L.F. aka eyes lips face. Who doesn’t love good makeup at a great price?! You are crazy to not love a little e.l.f in your life.
I am a big e.l.f. fan, but there are some products that I live by and others that I wished I would have left behind. Today, I am going to give you my top 6 Love It! e.l.f. products and my top 5 Leave It! products. Yes, I was originally planning to just do 5 Love It! and 5 Leave It! products, but I couldn’t shave down my Love It! list anymore than I already did.
Now let me first explain, e.l.f. has a ton of products…My list is only from the list of products that I have actually used. I am pretty sure that there are tons more that can be added to both of these lists…
So let’s get the e.l.f party started!
1. e.l.f. Studio 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette $15 – How can you not love this product. 144 shades for the low price of $15?! They have 2 different palettes- bright and neutral. I think this palette is great for anyone new to makeup or someone who is afraid to play with color. There are so many different looks you can achieve from this palette- anything from a party look all the way to a work day look. My only recommendation is to use a good primer when using this palette. That way the eyeshadow will stay put all day.
2. e.l.f. Studio Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths $3 – I absolutely love this product. This is a definite must have! I keep one of these in my car, gym bag and at work. Prior to finding this product I was using the Almay makeup remover wipes which I think retails between $5 to $7, but what can beat the e.l.f ones that are only $3!
3. e.l.f Studio HD Blush $3 – OMG these are wonderful. They come in 5 colors- Headliner, Superstar, Diva, Encore and Showstopper. These blushes are nice and creamy and they have such great pigmentation. A little product goes a long way! It is definitely worth the $3.
4. e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit $3 – I would have to say that this is one of my most loved e.l.f. products. This product does wonders. I use it every day. It comes in 4 shades – light, medium, dark and ash. I use the dark color to shape and outline my brows and then I usually use the lighter shade to fill them in. The product is somewhat “waxy” so it also helps to keep your brow hairs in place. L-O-V-E this product.
5. e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder $3 – Such a great price for such a great product. It comes in 3 colors – St. Lucia, Antigua and Turks & Caicos. This is such a versatile product; I sometimes even use the powders as eyeshadows. Many people compare this product to Nars Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush, but for such a better price. With this price, you should really invest in getting all three.
6. e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation $6 – My last LOVE product is this foundation. I bought this one on a whim and figured it would be blah since it is cheap and I am super picky when it comes to foundation. But to my surprise this product is WONDERFUL. Now, I buy 5 bottles at a time just so I never run out. The foundation comes in 6 shades – Porcelain, Sand, Buff, Caramel, Almond and Coco. The product applies great and holds up for a very long time. The only downside to this product is that they don’t have a big shade selection- just 6 shades, so you may not be able to find the shade that perfectly matches you.
1. e.l.f Studio High Definition Powder $6 – I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed with this product. I heard that this powder was a dup to MAC’s and Laura Mercier’s translucent powder, but unfortunately it wasn’t. The product was just really messy and left “whiteish” finish on your face. It wasn’t a true translucent powder.
2. e.l.f Mineral Eyeshadow Primer $3 – This product just didn’t do the job for me. I tried it a few times, but each time it didn’t give me the greatest results. I just found that the primer was very thin, almost runny and moved around a lot. I also don’t think it helped to keep my eyeshadow in tact all day. It did not prevent creasing and also did nothing for the color payoff.
3. e.l.f Studio Cream Eyeshadow $3 – It was hard to put this product on my Leave It! list just because the color payoff is really good. They come in 7 shades – Candlelight, Dawn, Bronzed, Eggplant, Natural Glow, Teal Party and Smoke. The issue I had with these is that they dry out so fast. I bought a few of these and was happy with it- the color was pigmented and it was nice to use as a base, but I was only able to use the product 1-2 times because it dried out on me so fast.
4. e.l.f Studio Matte Lip Color $3 – This product comes in 6 shades- Coral, Natural, Tea Rose, Praline, Nearly Nude and Rich Red. The issue I had with this product was that it did not really look that good when applied on. The product was very drying and showed a lot of the lines on my lips. Very big no-no.
5. e.l.f. Essential Liquid Eyeliner $1 – This product 7 different shades- Black, Coffee, Midnight, Plum, Silver, Stardust and Cooper. I am always on the hunt for a great black eyeliner, but was very disappointed with this one. The product was very hard to apply- the brush did not make it any easier to apply either, it was very flimsy and moved around a lot. It was very hard to control. Also, the product itself was not very long lasting. It was easily smeared and just didn’t do the job for me.
Let me end this by saying, that e.l.f. is a great, great, great brand. This list is only what personally worked and didn’t work for me, but yours can be 100% different. Don’t be afraid to give these products a try and let me know what your Love It! and Leave It! products are!
<3 Krista Theresa