YAY! Sugarpill Cosmetics is launching their Cold Chemistry collection today at noon PST. It is a collaboration between Sugarpill and Amelia Arsenic. Don’t sleep on this palette! If you are unfamiliar with Sugarpill Cosmetics, they are a great brand that have very high quality and highly pigmented products. The best part about this brand is that all of their products are cruelty free!
The Cold Chemistry Eyeshadow Palette retails for $34 and contains four eyeshadows- Soot & Stars, Diamond Eyes, Elemental Chaos and Subterranean. Each eyeshadow can also be purchased separately for $13.
I can’t wait to purchase mine at 12 today! Let me know if you are purchasing one too?!
<3 Krista Theresa
Yes! Yes! Yes! Marc Jacob launched his own beauty line. This is major major major, did I say MAJOR?! Yes M-A-J-O-R!
One of my best friends, Justin texted me the other day and was like, HELLO?! Why haven’t you blogged about Marc Jacobs Beauty Launch?! And yes, he is right, why haven’t I?!
Marc Jacobs is a fantastic designer- with great fashion pieces for men, women and children. How great is it that he took the step into beauty?
Here is a brief look at his new line that you can purchase now at Sephora.
Style Eye-Con No. & – Plush Shadow $59 – Palette that comes with 7 eye shadows. Four different color palettes available- The Lolita 206, The Vamp 208, The Tease 202 and The Starlet 204.
Style Eye-Con No. 3 – Plush Shadow $42 – Palette that comes with 3 eye shadows. Six different color palettes available- The Ingenue 102, The Punk 104, The Rebel 106, The Shoe Gazer 110, The Mod 112 and The Glam 108.
Lovemarc – Lip Gel $30 – Long wearing lipstick. Comes in 16 different shades- 130 Little Pretty, 128 Seduce Me, 132 Saboteur, 126 Neo-Noir, 124 Surrender Dorothy, 120 Voila!, 118 Roll The Dice, 116 Happy Ending, 110 Role Play, 114 Understudy, 112 Severine, 106 Moody Margot, 102 Strange Magic, 108 Have We Met?, 104 Dizzy Spell and 112 All The Way.
Lust For Lacquer Lip Vinyl – Sheer $28 – Lip vinyl that provides sheer color. Six shades available- 304 Overprotected, 308 Heart Shaped, 306 Sweet Escape, 302 Kissability, 310 Studded Kiss and 312 Lust For Lacquer
Lust For Laquer – Full $28 – Lip Vinyl that provides full coverage. Comes in 6 shades- 208 Truth or Dear 206 Fame, 212 No Regrets, 210 No Boom Boom, 202 Paint It, and 204 Gypsy.
Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer $18 – Color rich nail polish that is promised to give an amazing finish. Comes is 24 colors- 118 Oui, 116 Shocking, 138 Jezebel, 136 Desire, 134 Lola, 114 Snap, 124 Lux, 140 Petra, 120 Delphine, 106 Baby Jane, 112 Le Charm, 110 Gatsby, 104 Funny Girl, 142 Fluorescent Beige, 102 Daisy, 150 Shiny, 148 Glinda, 146 Stone Jungle, 144 Evenlyn, 128 Nirvana, 130 Sally, 132 Blue Velvet, 108 Secret Love and 122 Ultraviolet.
Shameless Bold Blush $30 – Highly pigmented blush. Comes in 9 bold colors- 218 Tantalizing, 212 Outspoken, 216 Rebellious, 214 Promiscuous, 206 Reckless, 204 Obsessed, 202 Naughty, 208 Provocative and 210 Irresistble.
Highliner – Gel Crayon $25 – Long-lasting gel crayon eyeliner. Comes in 6 great colors- Blacquer, Th (Ink), Ro (Cocoa), Jazz (Berry), Intro (Vert) and N (Ice).
Brushes $38-$78 – Four Amazing Brushes for the face – Liquid Foundation Brush No. 1, Sculpting Foundation Brush No. 2, Angled Blush Brush No. 10 and Bronzer Blush No. 12.
Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation $48 – Long wearing, radiant foundation. Comes in 16 great shades.
Perfection Powder – Featherweight Foundation $46 – Long-lasting buildable foundation. Comes in 10 great shades.
Remedy Concealer Pen $39 – Eraser, brightener and corrector that comes in 9 shades.
O!Mega Bronze – Perfect Tan $49 – Matte bronzer for the face and body.
Magic Marc’er Precision Pen $30 – Waterproof liquid eyeliner promising to give fine, precise lines.
Lash Lifter – Gel Volume $26 – Black mascara that lifts, lengthens, volumizes and curls your lashes.
Brow Tamer Grooming Gel $24 – Gel that perfectly grooms your brows.
Lip Lock Moisture Balm $24 – Hydrating lip balm with SPF.
All of his products look promising. I can’t wait to get my hands on these bad boys. I see REVIEWS coming in the near future.
<3 Krista Theresa
E.L.F. aka eyes lips face. Who doesn’t love good makeup at a great price?! You are crazy to not love a little e.l.f in your life.
I am a big e.l.f. fan, but there are some products that I live by and others that I wished I would have left behind. Today, I am going to give you my top 6 Love It! e.l.f. products and my top 5 Leave It! products. Yes, I was originally planning to just do 5 Love It! and 5 Leave It! products, but I couldn’t shave down my Love It! list anymore than I already did.
Now let me first explain, e.l.f. has a ton of products…My list is only from the list of products that I have actually used. I am pretty sure that there are tons more that can be added to both of these lists…
So let’s get the e.l.f party started!
1. e.l.f. Studio 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette $15 – How can you not love this product. 144 shades for the low price of $15?! They have 2 different palettes- bright and neutral. I think this palette is great for anyone new to makeup or someone who is afraid to play with color. There are so many different looks you can achieve from this palette- anything from a party look all the way to a work day look. My only recommendation is to use a good primer when using this palette. That way the eyeshadow will stay put all day.
2. e.l.f. Studio Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths $3 – I absolutely love this product. This is a definite must have! I keep one of these in my car, gym bag and at work. Prior to finding this product I was using the Almay makeup remover wipes which I think retails between $5 to $7, but what can beat the e.l.f ones that are only $3!
3. e.l.f Studio HD Blush $3 – OMG these are wonderful. They come in 5 colors- Headliner, Superstar, Diva, Encore and Showstopper. These blushes are nice and creamy and they have such great pigmentation. A little product goes a long way! It is definitely worth the $3.
4. e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit $3 – I would have to say that this is one of my most loved e.l.f. products. This product does wonders. I use it every day. It comes in 4 shades – light, medium, dark and ash. I use the dark color to shape and outline my brows and then I usually use the lighter shade to fill them in. The product is somewhat “waxy” so it also helps to keep your brow hairs in place. L-O-V-E this product.
5. e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder $3 – Such a great price for such a great product. It comes in 3 colors – St. Lucia, Antigua and Turks & Caicos. This is such a versatile product; I sometimes even use the powders as eyeshadows. Many people compare this product to Nars Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush, but for such a better price. With this price, you should really invest in getting all three.
6. e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation $6 – My last LOVE product is this foundation. I bought this one on a whim and figured it would be blah since it is cheap and I am super picky when it comes to foundation. But to my surprise this product is WONDERFUL. Now, I buy 5 bottles at a time just so I never run out. The foundation comes in 6 shades – Porcelain, Sand, Buff, Caramel, Almond and Coco. The product applies great and holds up for a very long time. The only downside to this product is that they don’t have a big shade selection- just 6 shades, so you may not be able to find the shade that perfectly matches you.
1. e.l.f Studio High Definition Powder $6 – I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed with this product. I heard that this powder was a dup to MAC’s and Laura Mercier’s translucent powder, but unfortunately it wasn’t. The product was just really messy and left “whiteish” finish on your face. It wasn’t a true translucent powder.
2. e.l.f Mineral Eyeshadow Primer $3 – This product just didn’t do the job for me. I tried it a few times, but each time it didn’t give me the greatest results. I just found that the primer was very thin, almost runny and moved around a lot. I also don’t think it helped to keep my eyeshadow in tact all day. It did not prevent creasing and also did nothing for the color payoff.
3. e.l.f Studio Cream Eyeshadow $3 – It was hard to put this product on my Leave It! list just because the color payoff is really good. They come in 7 shades – Candlelight, Dawn, Bronzed, Eggplant, Natural Glow, Teal Party and Smoke. The issue I had with these is that they dry out so fast. I bought a few of these and was happy with it- the color was pigmented and it was nice to use as a base, but I was only able to use the product 1-2 times because it dried out on me so fast.
4. e.l.f Studio Matte Lip Color $3 – This product comes in 6 shades- Coral, Natural, Tea Rose, Praline, Nearly Nude and Rich Red. The issue I had with this product was that it did not really look that good when applied on. The product was very drying and showed a lot of the lines on my lips. Very big no-no.
5. e.l.f. Essential Liquid Eyeliner $1 – This product 7 different shades- Black, Coffee, Midnight, Plum, Silver, Stardust and Cooper. I am always on the hunt for a great black eyeliner, but was very disappointed with this one. The product was very hard to apply- the brush did not make it any easier to apply either, it was very flimsy and moved around a lot. It was very hard to control. Also, the product itself was not very long lasting. It was easily smeared and just didn’t do the job for me.
Let me end this by saying, that e.l.f. is a great, great, great brand. This list is only what personally worked and didn’t work for me, but yours can be 100% different. Don’t be afraid to give these products a try and let me know what your Love It! and Leave It! products are!
<3 Krista Theresa
I have my very first product review for you! I am always on a hunt for great mascara and nothing beats a drugstore find. I recently went to CVS to purchase my all-time staple- COVERGIRL Lash Blast and stumbled on their newest product – “Flamed Out Mascara.” I had to try and I am so glad that I did.
The mascara is designed to give you a “winged out lash” and also to provide you with instant volume. The shape of the brush is very interesting and is supposed to help your lashes curve up and out- essentially making your lashes “flamed out.”
The mascara is available in 4 different colors- Very Black Blaze 300, Black Blaze 305, Black/Brown Blaze 310 and Brown Blaze 315.
I took before and after pictures to give you a better idea on how it worked for me. I only applied one coat in the pictures…and you can really see the difference. It really does give a volume boost and does help your lashes “wing” out. I am pretty sure that you can achieve that real “flamed out” look by applying 2 or 3 coats. I did purchase the darkest color- Very Black Blaze and was very happy with it. I love really black mascaras and this was definitely that.
I bought mine at CVS for $7.49 and thought I got a great deal until I went on Wal-Mart and Target online and saw that they have it for $5.99.
If you love trying out different mascaras like I do or if you are on a hunt for a good, inexpensive mascara then I would definitely give it a try. You will not be disappointed.
<3 Krista Theresa
Yes! I can’t believe it! I have been waiting F-O-R-E-V-E-R for H&M online shopping to be available. This is one of my all time favorite stores. It has everything from casual wear, work wear and items to get you all dolled up. The greatest thing about it is that everything is so reasonably priced. They always have red tag sales where items are anywhere from $3 to $20 — usually more than 50% off the retail price. Not to mention, most H&M stores have a section for each person in the family- Women, Men, Kids, Babies and now they even have Maternity wear. AND- on the website they also have things for the Home! How great is that? H&M has really become a one stop shop!
My sister had text me this afternoon that the H&M online shop was open and I seriously couldn’t believe it. She then immediately emailed me a picture of some studded pumps she found on the website. Now I’m scared because H&M online could be a real danger…some serious bank breaking could go down!
With that said, I still encourage you to check it out…you never know what great items you will be able to find. Just don’t get too carried away
Here is the link to the best thing yet – H&M
<3 Krista Theresa
Have you heard of Hautelook? I am pretty sure that most of you have, BUT just in case you haven’t…let me fill you in on one of the best flash sale websites out there. Hautelook is a free members only site that offers daily limited-time sale events. Hautelook has 5 catagories that you can shop from- Women, Men, Kids, Home and Beauty. Everyday at 8AM Pacific Time Hautelook will release their new “sales” of the day which features fantastic brands — everything from Jessica Simpson, Louis Vuitton, Dolce Vita, Rachel Zoe, True Religion (Men/Women/Kids), Crown Brush, Urban Decay and much much more. Everything from shoes to jewelry is available and you can purchase something just for yourself or the whole family! The sale usually lasts for up to 48 hrs., but when you see a brand that you like…I recommend that you purchase fast because items do run out! You don’t want to see “Sold Out” on the item that you wanted to purchase!
I do have to admit my guilt…Hautelook has become part of my daily routine. I get my coffee ready around 7:50AM and right at 8AM I am either logged on to the Hautelook website or looking at the different sales of the day using my Hautelook app.
Join Hautelook today, and I promise you will not be dissapointed. And did I forget to mention…membership is free! There should be no reason for you not to join!!!
And BTW today…they are featuring an Urban Decay blowout sale…with $6 eyeliners, $5 eyeshadows, $3 lipgloss and $5 Tinted Moisturizers. That is a savings of more that 75% off of retail price. Retail price for Tinted Moisturizers is $30!
<3 Krista Theresa
Hi, hello! My name is Krista Theresa Barbosa. I am 27 years old and currently reside in the Bay Area, California. My first love has always been makeup. I was always intrigued the “magic” of it and all the creative possibilities. I am a shop-a-holic and yes, it is a sickness, but I love fashion! I am also a big fan of DIYs. It’s amazing what one of a kind things you can make all by yourself. In a nutshell, I really do love everything beauty, makeup, fashion and DIYs 🙂
I am blessed to have the most amazing family. I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers and am the 2nd eldest. I absolutely adore each and everyone of my siblings. There is no bond closer than the bond between siblings.
I also have the cutest nephew ever. No joke. He is the sweetest pup of life.
The Queen of my family is indeed, my grandmother, who we call Lola. She is my inspiration, role model and the best person I have ever known. She is also undoubtedly one of my best friends. I love her to pieces and I have to admit I have gotten a lot of my shop-a-holic traits from her…she is a true fashionista.
I am also very blessed to have great friends. Each and everyone of my friends mean something special to me and each have individually helped to shape me into the person I am today.
<3 Krista Theresa Barbosa